Monday, June 16, 2014

Letter of Interest




To whom it may concern,

My name is Chelsea Knetzer, and I have recently graduated from The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg with a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education and a Minor in Psychology. I am searching for a full time position as an Early Childhood Educator in grades Preschool through Four.

I completed my student teaching experience at South Park Elementary Center, with Mrs. Amy Bozick. As a student teacher, I was provided a plethora of opportunities to grow professionally. I began the 2013-2014 school year with a pre-student teaching placement with a fourth grade class. I followed this with my student teaching placement with the same group of students during my final semester of my undergraduate degree. I took over full classroom instruction during my third week of student teaching, and during the fifth week of student teaching, I began writing district-uniformed curriculum.

While student teaching, my cooperating teacher had two family members pass away within one month. During this time, I was singularly responsible for all classroom management, instruction, and parent contact, with only day-to-day substitute teachers in the room with me. Administrators and other teachers within the building commended me on my performance in her absence.

During my student teaching placement I gained many experiences with students, parents, staff members, and administration. I built connections through extra-curricular activities and participating in staff meetings. I also was given the opportunity to work with the Elementary Student Assistance Program, where I was involved with a team including the school principal, counselor, teachers, parents, and the child in concern to develop a program to solve the child’s behavior/academic issues.

I believe that my many varied experiences have left me qualified for a job within your program. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you any open positions, and I look forward to the possibility of talking to you soon!



Thank you for your consideration.
Sincerely,


 Chelsea Knetzer
CLKnetzer@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment